TNP and Drink-IT® come together to serve the UK drinks industry
Many companies in lots of different industries have to wrestle with production, warehousing and distribution. The drinks industry has to do this and more. Much more. Managing fiendishly complicated promotions/rebates and collecting empties (barrels are expensive assets) are just two examples. Managing tax and tenants are perhaps the two biggest challenges.
TNP has been working with Brewers, Cidermakers and Pubcos for many years. More recently we joined up with Drink-IT® – an ISV that specialises in the sector. In the last six months the two companies have adopted a much more joined up approach to better serve Drink-IT® customers in the UK.
At the core of the Drink-IT® product is duty and tax management. This enables our beer, cider, wine and distillery customers to:
• Manage bonded warehouse inventory
• Calculate excise duty payments
• Generate local tax declarations
• Deal with returns and tax reclaims including integration with ullage recording
• Move stock between bonded locations and conform to EMCS requirements
As part of the broader solution that TNP often delivers is a tenant/property management system. Here we enable the team that is responsible for managing their estate to:
• Keep key property details, certification and reports in one place - together with tenant history
• Utilise functionality to keep the property compliant
• Manage rents and loans
• Log and track reactive maintenance issues
• Maintain an equipment log for each property
• Review warranty, net book value and audit data before commissioning equipment repair
• Deal with sub-contractors (CIS)
• Coordinate estate wide upgrade activity and monitor costs against budget
“Since implementation The NAV | 365 People have continued to work closely with us to optimise the solution as our business has grown and evolved, enabling us to digitise business processes and maximise efficiency.”
Over the last few years, the drinks industry has seen much change – from on licensed premises towards retail – from large scale towards micro brewing/distilling. The Coronavirus crisis changed the outlook all over again – overnight. This wrong-footed many businesses – and tested the strength of others. Those that had great systems in place, that were able to switch channels in a hurry, have done better – Thatchers Cider is one.
Ian Dorling, Head of IT at Thatchers, comments: “The NAV | 365 People have a deep understanding of the business processes within the cidermaking industry; this coupled with their expert knowledge of Drink-IT® software were the deciding factors in the selection process. Since implementation The NAV | 365 People have continued to work closely with us to optimise the solution as our business has grown and evolved, enabling us to digitise business processes and maximise efficiency.”
We look forward to working with Drink-IT® to help many other companies achieve the same business outcomes.